Monday, March 02, 2009

Here is an example of a front view expression sheet I use as a reference to create blend shapes for my character model's expressions. I will present a side view for reference later on. In case you don't know blend shapes are used to create "morphs" from one shape to the next so that the computer can "blend" each expression and make the transitions from one expression to another much smoother. Like stop-motion animated movies a number of heads are created to make say a character like Jack Skellington go from angry to sad. The only difference in 3d computer animation is not as many heads need to be created as the computer will calculate and generate between one extreme expression and to the next.






If you're interested here is my model all cleaned up and rounded for your viewing pleasure. I hope you like it:






No comments: